Monday, March 26, 2012

A Tree 2



This is my latest painting, hope you like it!


I like to paint trees. Okay, that’s a simple but true statement. What is it about the essence of a tree that interests me? A tree is predictable; it stands strong in a storm as the wind tears through its leaves. A tree offers a sort of calm and content beauty in any given season. A tree shares its shade to protect us from the pounding summer sun. So I guess trees have a special place in my life.

As a child I watched my father create tree art with a wood burning tool he used on salvaged planks. He seemed content with the image of a simple tree and I never understood why. He may have wanted the tree’s calm strength like I do now. Funny how life brings us full circle…at some point we will understand our parents to some extent. This understanding is nothing more than empathy. Inspired by the image of a tree, my father and I may have been walking a similar road in life while wondering, "what if I could have the strength and patience of a tree”.

This tree painting is one piece from a new series called “Trees”. Hope you like it and want to see more.


Thanks for reading,
-Jason Towne 

No comments:

Post a Comment